The Embassy: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8.30am to 12.30pm.
Passport/visa services: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8.30am to 12.00pm
Please note: we cannot receive documents outside of these hours
Out of Hours Emergency Contact Details
If you require emergency assistance from the Embassy, contact us immediately on +251 (0)115 180500. Outside office hours, a recorded message will give you the number of the Duty Officer.
The Embassy can assist in emergency situations, including where:
- You have been the victim of a crime
- You require urgent medical treatment
- You lose your passport
- You have been arrested or imprisoned
- You require assistance in connection with a death abroad
- You need help accessing funds
- You need to be repatriated to Ireland
- There is a natural disaster/crisis
Registration with the Embassy
Irish citizens travelling to or resident in Ethiopia are advised to register with the Embassy. The Embassy of Ireland in Addis Ababa also covers South Sudan. Ireland does not currently have any representation in South Sudan. Passport applications, visa applications and general consular queries from Irish citizens should be addressed to the Embassy of Ireland in Addis Ababa.