Cookies on the DFA website

We use cookies to give the best experience on our site while also complying with Data Protection requirements. Continue without changing your settings, and you'll receive cookies, or change your cookie settings at any time.

Where can I locate relevant forms/documents?

Passport Application form:


Unfortunately you cannot apply for your Irish passport online or download a copy of the application form.

Types of application form:

If you normally live outside Ireland but are currently in this country, you must still apply for your Irish passport in the country where you live (your country of permanent residence), using an APS 2 form.

Where can I get my form?

APS 1E forms

You can pick up an APS 1E passport application form at:

If you can’t get a form or if you need a large number of forms, please contact us by phone or email and we’ll post the forms to you.

APS 2 forms

If you live in Northern Ireland, you’ll find APS 2 passport application forms in many Post Offices.

If you live outside Ireland, you can get an APS 2 passport application form from your nearest Irish Embassy or Consulate.

Sole Guardian Affidavit:

In some cases it will be necessary to complete a Sole Guardian Affidavit (AFF1). More information is available here on parents or guardians consent to passport applications for children under 18 years of age.

Declaration Form A:

If your child has a parent who was born within the EU, the EEA or Switzerland, a ‌ will be required. This is a sworn statement by the parent, giving details of their period of residency in Ireland. It must be properly witnessed.