Your Passport Book or Passport Card is:
- Let the Passport Service know immediately.
- We report the details to Interpol.
- The passport is no longer valid for travel.
- If you report a passport as lost or stolen do not travel on it.
- We recommend you let the Police know to protect yourself from identity fraud.
- We may restrict the validity of your next passport. Losing two or more passports may mean you do not get a full 10 year passport. You may get a new passport valid for somewhere between 1 and 10 years. This will depend on how many passports you have lost or had stolen over the last 10 years.
- It may take longer to process the application for your next passport.
- If your passport has been damaged you will need to return the damaged passport when you are making an application for a replacement.
- If your passport is damaged do not travel on it.
Get a replacement
- Tell us the passport is lost, stolen or damaged in the online application.
Apply by paper application form
- Fill out Section 6 of the application form and explain how your passport was lost, stolen or damaged.
- Get Section 6 witnessed and stamped.
If your passport is lost, stolen or damaged while you are overseas and you need a travel document to return home, your nearest Irish Embassy or Consulate may be able to help.
Our How to Apply for a Passport Guide takes you through each step of your Irish Passport application
Track your Passport
You can track the progress of your Passport/Passport Card application using your 11-digit application number.